Village of Canal Flats “Whole Nine Yards” Village Beautification Contest Christmas Edition!
The Village of Canal Flats Beautification Committee invites all residents to decorate their homes and businesses. Get creative. Show your community pride and Christmas spirit! The “Whole Nine Yards” Beautification Contest -Christmas Edition- will be held within the following dates:
Entry nomination deadline: December 4, 2020
Contest Winners Announced: December 2020
Please read these instructions carefully and complete the registration form. If you have any questions, please contact Adrian Bergles at (250) 349-5462. Entry nominations can be submitted to the Village Office, or online via email to email@example.com
1. Participation is open to all residences and business within the Village of Canal Flats boundary.
2. Participants are asked to self-nominate. Nominees must have a Village of Canal Flats address and agree to be nominated. Photos of your residence may be included in a community survey to determine the contest winners. Clear identifiers like street numbers will be blurred via photo editing or Photoshopped out of the picture, if visible.
3. Entry is free. There are no fees associated with this competition.
4. Nominations must be received by the deadline: Dec. 4, 2020
5. Contest is for home exteriors and exterior Christmas decorations only – preferably which are
visible from a road frontage so the whole community can enjoy your decorations!
6. Participants agree to have one or more photos of their residence posted to the Village
website or Facebook page. Participants agree that there will be no compensation of any
kind for this posting or publication. Participants acknowledge that aside from address blurring, other yard elements in photographs can’t be digitally removed and otherwise do not guarantee anonymity.
7. Judging categories will be for ‘Best Overall’. ALL entries must include an address. Village
parks will not be eligible for the competition.
8. The Beautification Committee will judge a shortlist of finalists. The shortlist will be placed in an online survey, with a community vote to select a favourite. The most votes will be the winner. The second most votes will receive an honourable mention. Names and/or addresses will not be published in the community survey.
9. Two prizes will be awarded. One 1st place prize of a $250 gift certificate to the Canal Flats Family Pantry and an honourable mention award of a $100 gift certificate to the Canal Flats Family Pantry.
10. Contact information is required on registration forms to contact participants who win prizes.
11. Be creative and have fun!
Annual best yard/decoration competitions are one element of a broader Canal Flats – Community Beautiful – initiative that is designed to promote community pride and quality of life. Other initiatives currently include commissioning of a public art installation (funded by Columbia Basin Trust), and pathway development (80% funded via grants to date).
Nomination forms can be found here.